Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Crazy Adventures Continue

So I know it has been awhile since I last posted anything, 3 years, 4 months, and 6 days to be exact. A lot has happened since that time, but most of it has been pretty uneventful. However, since returning from Brazil, I never really felt sure of where my life was headed.  I was just floating along living day to day not really moving forward.  I was getting frustrated with what seemed to be my lack of accomplishment in my life, so I decided to make a change.  This past spring I started the ball rolling for a new set of adventures in my life.

This past spring I decided to begin looking into what it would take to become an occupational therapist.  A friend of mine has been telling me for several years that I should at least look into occupational therapy, but because I'm stubborn and thought I knew what I wanted I didn't do it.  But now circumstances are such that I am seeking a change.

In March I made an appointment with the OT department at UT to determine if pursuing OT was feasible.   I found out that I needed several classes to meet the prerequisite requirements.  I would also need to get some experience observing and volunteering for an occupational therapist.  The next thing I did was to reapply to University of Memphis, and to Southwest Tennessee Community College.  I chose both because I wanted to find the most affordable way to complete the required classes.  I registered for Biology I and Biology II for the summer terms at Memphis.

That brings everything up to date.  There are only 5 days left in Biology I and I am so ready for it to be over. I feel like I am failing the class because of my exam grades, but I am above the class average so apparently I'm doing ok.  But we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment