Monday, November 28, 2011

Wow, Time sure goes by quickly.

Last week we had a Thanksgiving chapel where each class was to participate.  My class made a turkey.  I gave each one of my students an outline of two hands.  They wrote one thing they were thankful for each hand then they colored them.  For the presentation in chapel the students told what they were thankful for then placed their hands (feathers) on the body of the turkey.  Coca Cola, sushi, family, friends, Bible, and mother were just a few of the things my kids were thankful for. 





This weekend, we had a couple days off, so 3 of the other teachers and I decided to take a trip to the beach.  The beach is 3 hours away, so we needed a ride there and back. We had lined up a taxi to take us there and bring us back home.  The taxi driver did not just drive us there and back, he basically stayed with us the whole time.  He really took care of us and kept us safe.  The hotel we stayed at was fantastic as well.  




Time has gone by so quickly.  I can't believe that we only have 3 weeks left of school.  I just found out that one of my students will not be returning to school in January because his family is moving to Jordan.  Please continue to pray that my visa will be ready so I can return to Belem to finish out the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment